All teenagers talk a lot about this hot topic, so it is very important to talk about the myths that revolve around sexuality and sex. In this article, you will find some of the most common myths. These will help you to know the facts and so you can act responsibly. The myths are as follows:
- The first is this: You will never be able to get pregnant if you have sex for the first time, or if you are menstruating. If someone told you something other than I told you, it means they didn’t tell you the truth. Pregnancy is avoided with the help of a contraceptive method or if you abstain from sex. Even so, there is a small percentage of risk: for example, if the condom broke or you forgot to take the birth control pill.
- If you really love someone, then you have to have sex with him or her. Many people think that sex is the expression of love, but if you do not have sex with someone you love until you feel ready, it does not mean that your love is not real. People need to learn that dialogue and good communication are the keys to relationships, and the two can agree on the ideal time to make love. If someone loves you very much, they will respect your values, desires, and time and will know how to wait.
- Having sex under the influence of drugs or alcohol is more fun. Many people when they are under the influence of a substance or alcohol feel much sexier and more prepared for sex, but the pure truth is that alcohol and drugs cause impotence, loss of sensitivity, inability to reach orgasm, and premature ejaculation.
- Removing the penis from the vagina before ejaculating prevents pregnancy. This myth is false. It is true that this method is very common, because in some cases you can no longer completely control the situation, and you may end up ejaculating inside. Even the fluid that comes out before ejaculation or pre-semen can contain sperm and can cause pregnancy.
- Everyone will know if you are a virgin or not. No one can tell in front of you whether you had sex or not. You are the only person who knows the truth, so it doesn’t matter if you are a virgin or not, you don’t believe the story you can see on your face. In many cases, it happens that those who talk a lot about this topic are the ones who have the least experience with their sexuality.