Vegetable glycerin is also called glycerol and comes from an extract of some vegetable oils, such as coconut or palm. Their process is called hydrolysis. This glycerol is a colorless, odorless liquid with a sweet taste and is soluble in both water and alcohol. Many people use this product because it has very good properties in the cosmetic, food and pharmaceutical industries.
In this article I will tell you the benefits of vegetable glycerin. These are:
- it has moisturizing properties and retains moisture. These 2 properties have the role of keeping the skin in good condition.
- you can use vegetable glycerin and if you have sensitive skin, because it also has hypoallergenic properties in its composition. It is advisable to treat and prevent acne.
- among the benefits of vegetable glycerin is the fact that it is not irritating and has antibacterial properties. This is why it has the role of protecting the skin from infections and soothes the itching and irritations that occur in cases of eczema and psoriasis.
- it is very important to take care of our hair if we have dry and brittle hair. It moisturizes, strengthens and soothes scalp irritation. The preparation of the balm is done using the following ingredients: mix 1/4 cup of aloe vera with 1/4 cup of vegetable glycerin. These are applied after washing and we will leave it to work for 10-12 minutes, then rinse with plenty of cold water. The results are spectacular.
- if we cleanse our skin with this product, we will keep it disinfected and without the bacteria that can cause acne. We can prepare a facial cleanser by mixing vegetable glycerin with castile liquid soap and lavender or rosemary essential oil. We will get fantastic results.
- The tonic facial coolant is prepared as follows: one quarter of a glass of glycerine with one quarter of a glass of hammamelis and half a cup of rose water. This liquid will help us maintain our balance.
- vegetable glycerin can also be used for the care of our hands.
- due to its non-toxic properties it can be used by people with very sensitive skin and even for the skin care of children.
- it also delays aging and wrinkles due to its hydrating properties.