Nature offers people a variety of herbs and natural products that they can use to prepare natural deodorants. These are:
- sodium bicarbonate has the role of neutralizing the unpleasant odor. It is a 100% natural product and is applied directly under the arms. If you wish, you can mix with a few drops of lavender essential oil or tea tree.
- aluminum stone. This is a very old remedy that combats the transition. It is used for the transition of the legs, hands or armpits. It has a special bactericidal effect.
- aloe vera is applied to clean and dry armpits. It is widely used for mushroom removal.
- rosemary. To use this product you need a rosemary infusion. This infusion should contain 4 tablespoons of rosemary leaves in 100 ml of water, then add 20 ml of alcohol and 5 drops of lemon essence. This recipe can be useful for about a month
- radish. One of the most used and good deodorants is prepared with the help of radish juice and is applied after each bath.
Properties of natural deodorant ingredients
Most of the benefits of natural deodorants are given by the properties of the ingredients with which they are prepared. The recipe I chose has in its composition ingredients that are quite accessible and available in any supermarket. Even though there are many recipes on the market, the one I chose is made up of 4 main ingredients. These ingredients are:
- sodium bicarbonate (NaHCO). It has the form of small crystals of mineral salt and is found in nature. Besides finding it in nature, it can also be artificially produced. In addition to its use in the food, chemical and health fields, baking soda also helps to eliminate the bacteria that produce a bad odor in the armpits. In addition to all these benefits, it also acts as a gentle scrub, its fine salt grains helping to remove dead skin when performing a superficial massage.
- coconut oil. This is vegetable oil, composed of saturated fatty acids (90%), especially laurels and caprices. These fatty acids give it a solid appearance. It is quite difficult for this oil to lose its properties because it contains a high percentage of saturated fats, and they reduce oxidation.
When it becomes homemade deodorant, it will have a creamy texture to easily stretch on people’s skin. Deodorant made from coconut oil gives the skin proper hydration and acts as a fungicide, preventing the growth of fungi. However, it also enriches the dermis with vitamins E and K. This oil is very easy to buy because it can be found in any supermarket or grocery store.
- corn flour is very useful in the preparation of homemade deodorant, as it acts as a perspiration absorber. This allows the skin to sweat, but at the same time absorbs excess axillary sweating. Like other products, this flour can be purchased from any supermarket.
- rosemary alcohol. This product can be found in any pharmacy, but at the same time, it can be easily prepared. Like sodium bicarbonate, it is a bactericide and alkaloid of rosmaricin, typical for the rosemary plant. It has the role of toning the skin.