Few people know that vitamin H and/or coenzyme R correspond to vitamin B8, a water-soluble vitamin. This vitamin has the role of helping to help the production of fatty acids and to act as a cofactor necessary to turn these polyunsaturated fatty acids into prostaglandins. It acts in the degradation of carbohydrates and fats, allowing them to maintain body temperature and obtain energy.
It is also found in the metabolism of amino acids, folic acid (vitamin B9), pantothenic acid (vitamin B5), vitamin B12 and participates in maintaining blood sugar.
Vitamin B8 can be obtained from the following foods: egg yolk, milk, liver and organ meat, meat, fish, brewer’s yeast, whole grains, cauliflower, soy, mushrooms, potatoes, bananas, grapes, watermelon, avocado, strawberries, peanuts, almonds, walnuts, peas, and royal jelly.
Researchers recommend that people consume 150 mcg daily. In addition, you can reach a ceiling of 5000 mcg per day.
The properties of vitamin B8 make it recommended in cases of:
- First of all, it is administered if you suffer from diarrhea and changes in the intestinal flora, due to the continuous administration of antibiotics or drugs.
- Its role is also to relieve people’s muscle pain
- Researchers also recommend it for eczema and dermatitis
- Helping to fight depression and drowsiness is another property of vitamin B8.
- If your skin and nails are soft, consume this vitamin
- In children with phenylketonuria, a metabolic disorder that makes it impossible to metabolize the amino acid phenylalanine, causing seborrheic dermatitis and eczema.
- In people with type II diabetes, biotin acts in the synthesis and release of insulin, helping to regulate blood sugar levels. Antidiabetic drug adjuvant improves glycemic control, combined with chromium picolinate.
- Effective treatment for diabetic neuropathy. Administration of anticonvulsant drugs
- Some types of liver disease.
- Its properties are also good for the administration of anticonvulsant drugs
- In pregnant women and nursing mothers. If the child has a cradle (seborrheic dermatitis), it should be the one that is supplemented.