Due to insect bites you can benefit from minor discomfort, or in the worst cases, you can trigger allergic reactions, needing medical care, so it is very interesting to know the ways of insect bites to which you can go.
Effective strategies to avoid insect bites
To prevent insect bites, I recommend eating foods rich in vitamin B, the most prominent being B1 or thiamine.
When you eat these foods, your body will emit an aroma that is not at all pleasant to fearful insects. With their help you will get a “repellent” effect, so the foods that provide this vitamin are good remedies to avoid insect bites, we could say that it is a discouraging remedy.
Foods rich in B vitamins:
- Whole grains: wheat, oats, corn, rice. These foods are very rich in fiber, B vitamins, vitamin E, phosphorus, magnesium, iron, copper, magnesium.
- Pork is very good because it has a high content of proteins with high biological value, rich in B vitamins and minerals.
- Sesame: Very rich in B vitamins. To assimilate all its properties, it is easily chopped and ground.
- Walnuts are also very rich in calcium and phosphorus, so don’t avoid consuming them.
- Try as much as possible to put your feet in the water when you go to the grills or fish because the insects lay their eggs in the water.
- Besides avoiding those places, you should not come up with sweet perfumes, because they will attract these insects.
- Stay cool for as long as possible, because human perspiration emits a very attractive aroma to insects.
- Plant plants such as albica and geranium in terraces and gardens. The aroma it emits is annoying.
- Avoid alcohol because it emits a substance that is attractive to them.
- To enjoy the evenings outdoors, it is useful to light lemongrass candles and put a few drops of citronella essential oil in our moisturizer, cloves are also very useful.
Basil is one of the best remedies for repelling insects, especially mosquitoes, so I recommend putting more fresh plants in the windows of the house or spraying two or three drops of its essence in a burner.
As a water repellent, we can produce our own anti-mosquito oil by mixing 100 ml. of sweet almond oil and add 20 drops of basil essence and another 20 drops of geranium essence, also valid for children and babies.